Tuesday, January 29, 2008

PRAYER



"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psa 16:11

Last night at prayer "just telling the truth" it felt like no matter how I would pray, the roof seemed 2 feet high and my prayers would bounce back right at me. Now this is not unheard of, so after checking myself, I just continued to pray. That is when the Lord gave me this scripture and after praying this verse it was like night and day, the thought hit me:PRESENCE.

Presence-face,person,the neighborhood of one of superior especially royal rank(Webster's)

Now seeing these meanings behind "presence" though not in its completion, lets just say in his presence, you and I "behold" the very person yea the very face of superior royalty which is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST himself . Now if you are the superior rank in your life you will never be able to enter into his presence nor will you ever be able to know the savior as he is, therefore it goes without saying that you will never see him face to face(with a pleasant outcome). This is just an 8 minute thought there is so very much more to say about this prayer business.

Y.F.T

3 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Bro Joe,

Thank you for sharing this. God is wanting us to "push" a little to get in His presence sometimes.
How bad to we want it? That's how much we'll pursue it. Now I'm talking to myself.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Prayer...
The presence of God is so amazing. I never want to get to the place where it becomes less than extraordinary.

Joe said...

Keep on pressing for his presence.