Saturday, January 12, 2008

The reason


"It is good to have an end to journey towards, But it is the journey that matters in the end"-Ursula K. Leguin

Everyone of you, out there, are on a journey whether you realize it or not. The bible says that the days of man are few so it really matters how we travel this path. When I was in the service, a common phrase was used "expect the worst, hope for the best" As I get older looking on this phrase, I can agree with hoping for the best but I feel that we will do ourselves a grave injustice if we go through life just expecting "THE WORST" but I'm afraid that is exactly what a lot of people do. If you have the holy spirlt of the almighty GOD inside you there is no reason to expect the worst "HE cares for the sparrow" is that not what the word says? How much more do you think HE cares for you. So lift up your eyes toward your help "Just a thought to share with fellow travelers"

3 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I like that. As a child of God, a child of the King, I expect the best - all things are possible! I read the same Bible, and yes it does tell me that it is the Father's good pleasure...

Mark Pryor said...

Great post.

"Expecting the worst" - while making an individual in the military prepared, it harms a civilian and especially a Christian by giving them a negative outlook causing them to be surly and often fighting a battle that doesn't even exist except in the mind and so I agree with your description of it as "doing ourselves a grave injustice."

I'll never forget the prayer meeting I had where I was telling God everything that I was hoping, dreaming, believing for and He spoke to me about the purpose of the journey. I will not go into everything that He spoke to me, but a key point is this: If you cannot endure the process, you'll not be able to handle the promise. The process prepares you for the promise.

BTW glad you're back blogging.

Joe said...

Sis. Catherine thanks for the comment. Pastor I'm in agreement in the military it is a tool that is usefull, but as you stated it's has no use in the chritian's life.